Who is not familiar with the watermelon? The sweet taste and a lot of water content, as a good choice to drive the thirst or hunger. No wonder people love the fruit in this case.
In addition to its sweet taste, is also red fruits contain phytonutrients, vitamins A and C and potassium. Not only that, some other vitamins such as B6 and thiamine are also found in this fruit. Surprisingly, the fruit is free of fat, sodium, and calories.
Want to know the incredible benefits you can get fruit even Labuan sekerabat with pumpkin, melon and cucumber this? Here are 6 reasons why you should eat watermelon, as cited RealAge:
A. Preventing heart disease and prostate cancer: The watermelon has a lot of the content of lycopene, an antioxidant compound in plants that are known to fight heart disease and prostate cancer.Maybe you have mengaggap tomato lycopene as one of the best.
True, but you have to cook for the first time with a little oil for maximum results. While in a watermelon, do not have to cook first, because the fruit is lycopene his immediate release. In fact, one cup of watermelon has 40 percent more antioxidants than tomatoes.
2. Vitamin C: A piece of watermelon (about 2 cups) provides almost half the daily requirement of vitamin C.
3. Infection: Two cups of watermelon also offers nearly a quarter of your daily requirement of beta carotene, which the body uses to make vitamin A. Low amount of beta carotene that can make you more susceptible to viral infections and vision problems.
4. Accelerate the healing process: Watermelon is one of the few food producers citrulline, an amino acid used in wound healing and cell division. Section of white meat is not eaten watermelon usually contains a large amount of citrulline.
5. Overcoming Stress: Watermelon is a good source of potassium, which helps control blood pressure. This is the reason why the watermelon can be the perfect snack to enjoy with the family.
6. Cravings: There are only 96 calories in two cups of sweet watermelon. In addition, high water content can make you feel full faster and keep your weight remains controlled.
- Benefits of fresh watermelon
- Fruit Do not Save It in the Refrigerator
- 5 Reasons The Importance of Eating Eggs
- 7 Red Healthiest Foods
- 4 Reasons Need “Snacking” Nuts