1. One in two women and one in four men over 50 suffer from osteoporosis. Upon reaching the age of 70 years, the number of women suffering from osteoporosis. You can be up to 10% of the total number of women.
2. Data from the Health Ministry said that two of every five people in Indonesia susceptible to osteoporosis.
3. In Asia, 52% of women over 50 have low bone density.
4. Women who had experienced menopause, if not to maintain their bone health in 5-7 years time will experience a decrease in bone mass as much as 25-30%.
5. Each year, more women die from osteoporosis than breast or uterus.
6. Men over 50 years at risk of osteoporosis than prostate cancer.
7. Those who suffer a hip fracture is usually due to osteoporosis.Usually, 20% of them die each year from complications of pneumonia or blood clots occur in the lungs.
8.After his problems solved hip bone, 50% of them still can not move freely. Meanwhile, 25% of them had still had to undergo long-term care.
9. In the United States each year there are 1.5 million people who suffer osteoporotic fractures.
10.According to a recent study, 50% of women over 50 suffer from osteoporosis or low bone density. I usually do not realize it.
11. Milk is the best source of calcium. While Americans generally drink milk, but only 35% of your calcium intake is well within the recommended dose.
12.In Indonesia, according to the data, everyone is mengasup 254 mg of calcium per day, only 25% of the recommended dose.
- Osteoporosis Supplements
- Food intruder Calcium
- Sources of Calcium In addition to Milk
- Duo Vitamin D and Calcium for Bones
- 10 Pregnant Women Nutrition Facts